Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FranZeno View Post
    I just arrived in Canada last Oct 28, and believe me, dali ra kaayo makakita og trabaho, bisan pa og mag double job ka..i'm currently in Montreal, minimum pay is $11/hr..I applied under an agency and believe me, daghan og job offers and imo mga fellow pinoy daghan sad ikahatag na work nimo..and the expenses? example lang ha..5pcs of regular sized potato is just $1.39, 8pcs of carrots is $1.29, 1kg pork is $7..so if imo tanawon ang price its same or even lesser than pinas

AND HEALTHCARE IS 100% FREE! mao jud na ako giapas why I applied, second is imo dependent child gets $400-500 allowance per month, maternity leave for your wife is 1 yr with 50% pay and paternity leave is 6 month with 50% pay, free education for your children except college. Tax is only 15% btw. No pollution, no traffic, public transportation (train and bus) is just $83/month unlimited rides.

Disadvantage..so far none..except the extreme cold..hehe

So is it worth it? Imo gasto sa agency and application na php300,000-400,000? Do the math nalang kung when na nimo mabawi if you do double jobs or a full time and part time job with the minimum salary.

But don't get your hopes high, I tried getting my friends to apply sad, but unfortunately agencies are telling them that it is very hard to get an immigrant visa now, they'll offer you a student visa instead which IMO is dagdag kalisod diri for newcomers.

But anyway, there's no harm in trying.

Now I'm looking forward to my very 1st job here, and I applied for a parttime and a weekend job..maganahan jud ka mutrabaho diri because of the high wage and low expenses.

- - - Updated - - -

PS

People will say life is hard in abroad, well you can say it is hard because malayo ka sa imo loved ones, like me added pa ang LDR sa uyab..hehe..lisod jud..but other than that dili ka mstress because everything is very ideal for anyone here in Canada.

IT IS WORTH IT! that's what I always tell myself, it will and it is always worth it.

nice input.

naa ba limit sa oras nga dapat e trabaho nimo sa isa ka buwan or isa ka semana?

Tax is only 15% by the way. Lesser than what Pinas has.
    Tax brackets and tax rates?

I'm bad at math and have no clue about taxes.

"But anyway, there's no harm in trying."

If you have a few hundred thousands pesoses you don't mind losing if you fail the immigration process.
    Then go ahead.

PS. i really hate that statement "But anyway, there's no harm in trying."
    There is always a risk and you will hurt not just you, but everyone else who depend on you financially if you fail and wasted all that cash.

It's not crab mentality, i'm just being realistic.
    There is harm in trying if you fail, emotional and financial.

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Not true at all. --> http://www.rd.go.th/publish/fileadmi...hilippines.pdf

Di lang gyud maayo pagkadala sa kwarta sa mga govt officials. That's all.

Again, it's worth it if Canada is a country you desire more, otherwise no.
    FYI, the tax here includes health insurance from the govt..diha sa pinas lahi ang deduction for tax, lahi for philhealth, lahi for social security..here, the 15% includes everything..and philhealth by the way is not 100% coverage, igo ra muhatag og gamay ang philhealth, you still need a private insurance if you want to be covered 100% which is another deduction sa imo sweldo..an example lang, here if you will have an open heart surgery which costs millions in pinas, here it's absolutely free, free rehab, free medications, etc

sa imo gipakita na link, 15% for 70k salary here is just the same with Canada because minimum salary is 70k converted to php..but again, with 100% health insurance and social security..

country you desire more? why would you apply as an immigrant in that country if you did not desire it? diba?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pepponeskie View Post
    nice input.

naa ba limit sa oras nga dapat e trabaho nimo sa isa ka buwan or isa ka semana?
    no limit, you can have a full time and part time job..40hrs/week is the required hrs for your full time job, kung more than 40 hrs na imo ntrabaho, automaticall imo 41st hour and onwards has a higher hourly rate than the <40hrs rate..lahi sad ang rate sa weekends..

Quote Originally Posted by dignos_superstar View Post
    Tax brackets and tax rates?

I'm bad at math and have no clue about taxes.

"But anyway, there's no harm in trying."

If you have a few hundred thousands pesoses you don't mind losing if you fail the immigration process.
    Then go ahead.

PS. i really hate that statement "But anyway, there's no harm in trying."
    There is always a risk and you will hurt not just you, but everyone else who depend on you financially if you fail and wasted all that cash.

It's not crab mentality, i'm just being realistic.
    There is harm in trying if you fail, emotional and financial.
    uuhhhmmm..it's sacrifice, if you are willing to sacrifice then go ahead.."trying" is a choice, it's at your own will, if you are willing to try then go ahead, it's your own risk..people are asking how, and that's the reality, if you have the guts to take it then go ahead..

again, ako i.emphasize, "there's no harm in trying", harm is subjective, what harms you may not be the harm others are willing to take..dili man ka pugson sa agency to apply if they know dili ka admissable sa program..if you are admissable then you are one step closer..if you want a good life then take a risk, get out of your comfort zone..if not, then by God's will don't..if you are open-minded or ready for the consequences of failing then you are willing to fail..honestly, I never expected anything, nagtigum mi, nigasto mi, ng-apply mi, then a year later we forgot about our application, as in nabaon sa limot, and suddenly we got an email na we passed the selection, then here I am now..

everything needs sacrifice, money, time, sweat and tears, etc..everything has risks..if you are willing to take the risk, then there is no harm in trying because you are already willing to take the risks

naa ra na nimo, if your family depends on you then it's up to you if you want to stay or go abroad..Canada is an expensive process, then go to other places, they're cheaper..if you are a nurse, then go to the UK, application fee and expenses are refundable once you land there

tax bracket? this is in quebec where i am now, taxes include your health insurance and social security

$41,935 or less = 16%
    More than $41,935, but not more than $83,865 = 20%
    More than $83,865, but not more than $102,040 = 24%
    More than $102,040 = 25.75%
    Last edited by FranZeno; 11-04-2016 at 11:48 AM.

naa ra na nimo, if your family depends on you then it's up to you if you want to stay or go abroad..Canada is an expensive process, then go to other places, they're cheaper..if you are a nurse, then go to the UK, application fee and expenses are refundable once you land there

tax bracket? this is in quebec where i am now, taxes include your health insurance and social security

$41,935 or less = 16%
    Out of curiosity, what was your job in the PH and what is your current job in Canada?

Hirit pa diay... Visa status?

uuhhhmmm..it's sacrifice, if you are willing to sacrifice then go ahead.."trying" is a choice, it's at your own will, if you are willing to try then go ahead, it's your own risk..people are asking how, and that's the reality, if you have the guts to take it then go ahead..

again, ako i.emphasize, "there's no harm in trying", harm is subjective, what harms you may not be the harm others are willing to take..dili man ka pugson sa agency to apply if they know dili ka admissable sa program..if you are admissable then you are one step closer..if you want a good life then take a risk, get out of your comfort zone..if not, then by God's will don't..if you are open-minded or ready for the consequences of failing then you are willing to fail..honestly, I never expected anything, nagtigum mi, nigasto mi, ng-apply mi, then a year later we forgot about our application, as in nabaon sa limot, and suddenly we got an email na we passed the selection, then here I am now..

everything needs sacrifice, money, time, sweat and tears, etc..everything has risks..if you are willing to take the risk, then there is no harm in trying because you are already willing to take the risks

$41,935 or less = 16%
    PS

People who migrated successfully to Canada are too busy living and enjoying life there to be posting in a ph based website.
    sorry, but that's crab, not reality. I live in Canada but I still post in ph based website, i still use facebook and enjoy chatting and commenting to my friends' pics in pinas, I still follow ph news, i still worry when storms arrive there. Don't try to stereotype, there are pinoys like us who care about pinas because our families are still there, di mi pwede maulhi sa balita just because we have a "better" life here, this is just the economical "betterness" that we live. so don't say that's reality because it surely is not, I and my pinoy friends here is a living example of that.
    Last edited by FranZeno; 11-04-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Out of curiosity, what was your job in the PH and what is your current job in Canada?
    i am a nurse in ph, i was given a slot here in a call center, packaging center, assembly line (factory) and fastfood, magpili pa ko kung asa ako fulltime and parttime ana. While waiting for my nursing assessment kana lang usa ako work.

sorry, but that's crab, not reality. I live in Canada but I still post in ph based website,
    Hahaha. it's an over generalization.

It means that, she will get better replies from a CA based website that specializes in matters regarding Canada that is frequented by fellow pinoys.

Like Singapore based pinoys had pinoysSG.

Maybe there's a PinoysCA, who knows??

- - - Updated - - -

i am a nurse in ph, i was given a slot here in a call center, packaging center, assembly line (factory) and fastfood, magpili pa ko kung asa ako fulltime and parttime ana. While waiting for my nursing assessment kana lang usa ako work.
    So your planned path is... Student Visa -> Work Visa -> PR -> Citizen ?

It means that, she will get better replies from a CA based website that specializes in matters regarding Canada that is frequented by fellow pinoys.

seriously? that's what you mean? get better replies? this one? "People who migrated successfully to Canada are too busy living and enjoying life there to be posting in a ph based website. "

well, then you were wrong, because he/she got a good reply here. again, don't be a stereotype.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So your planned path is... Student Visa -> Work Visa -> PR -> Citizen ?
    i am already an immigrant here, I already have a PR the moment I entered Canada

I applied before sa Canada sa PinoyCare pero wala n nko gi pdayon ky ako cousins mga naa didto ni ingon mg lisod dw ko work as a nurse didto ky dghan ug requirements. Ako n gnahan didto nice kaayo ang health care.but im happy and contented now Na nurse njd twnnurse njd twn

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast