Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    With the desired country... it's more of 'opportunity' rather than being a 'choice', do you agree with me on that? For example - I have all the opportunity to go abroad but I choose not to because I dont have to, yet. And when it's high time, I would simply choose the US/Japan and live there for good no matter the opportunities. But, if I still have the means in order to live in the phils with relative comfort by then, Im going to stay in the phils. -
    kind of agree with that...I had opportunity to work and live in Japan, Singapore, and Norway...but I wanted to work and live in Canada before, pero wala nakaya.

Quote Originally Posted by FranZeno View Post
    i don't know, ako mga kauban diri nakapasar man sa NNAS

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to know na naa na diay ka sa US karon! =)

nnas is not an exam. its a credential evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by jhay86 View Post
    nnas is not an exam. its a credential evaluation.
    yeah i know, that's what I meant..nakapasar sa evaluation..

Quote Originally Posted by pepponeskie View Post
    kind of agree with that...I had opportunity to work and live in Japan, Singapore, and Norway...but I wanted to work and live in Canada before, pero wala nakaya.
    ngano wala man makaya boss? napa ba ka SG karon?

Quote Originally Posted by SUEDE View Post
    ngano wala man makaya boss? napa ba ka SG karon?
    bogo kog english boss, hehehehe...kanang IELTs. Wala sad koy dada para pang down.

wala nko SG ron, dia nako sa Norte nga dapit pod sa Canada.

Blog Entries
    On the other side. Amo mga canadian og american citizen na katrabaho dinhi gyud sila sa middle east nahan mo work kay dagko kayo sila sweldo unya libre tanan - school sa mga bata, roundtrip airfare, medical, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pepponeskie View Post
    bogo kog english boss, hehehehe...kanang IELTs. Wala sad koy dada para pang down.

wala nko SG ron, dia nako sa Norte nga dapit pod sa Canada.
    mao pud bitaw na nakalisod anang IELTs oi, mao pud na amo gipangandaman. maayo ka boss kay napa gihapon sa laing dapit, mura dako na jud tag tinigom ani. kami ani hinay2x na para sa bata. lisod na diri SG labi na if naay anak, lisod schooling.

Sir FranZeno unsa na agency ang imo gikuha in applying para canada? thanks btw for sharing info and your experience in Canada.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dolcevita View Post
    Is it really worth the effort, expenses and the risks of immigrating to Canada? Most especially if you spend all your savings in processing your papers and in settling there considering na makagasto gyud ug dako maski nag process palang.

Katong mga istoryans na settled na diha sa Canada or maski katong bag-o pa lang diha, pwede i share ninyo inyong experiences diha especially when it comes to landing a full-time job, cost of living, etc.

Daghang salamat
    Is it worth moving here -- it depends.

If you have a safe job (also if same thing with your spouse/partner) then it shouldn't be worth it coming here, IMO. Let's say for example you're a nurse: you may have to go back to school for additional courses when you get here regardless of your previous work experience.

I think the mindset you should have is that you WANT to immigrate to a foreign land not because it's the current trend. It will make you think of the reasons: financial, better life, the allure of "back to zero", and opportunities. If the reason of moving to Canada because of fad, you will not going to embrace the struggle and you won't find happiness and end up going back to the Philippines.

When you get here, try your best to get a UNIONIZED full-time job. They have a higher wage offer than non-unionized workplace and most of them have health, dental, and pension benefits. Plus, they can't simply fire you or lay you off without cause. It's fine to take various jobs from temporary agencies, but then again, it's should be taken for what it is ... temporary.

Get a car. It's a necessity here. You need it to get groceries, shopping, and to go to work. You don't want to do errands on weekends, if not going to work where busses run every 30-45 minutes if they're on time. So, my advice is to get a car as soon as possible.

If you live in a friend or relative's place, always aim to get the hell out after 6-12 months. No matter how great your relationship with this person and his/her family, at some point they'll realize they no longer wishes you (and your family) to stay. Get an apartment or a rent a house.

If you happen to live in a big city because your relative offered you to stay at their place, but when you decide to get out, consider moving out to a smaller city. Toronto and Vancouver have expensive rent and owning a house is close to being impossible.

If you need more tips/advise, you can PM me.
    Last edited by FAQ; 03-01-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Is it worth moving here -- it depends.

If you have a safe job (also if same thing with your spouse/partner) then it shouldn't be worth it coming here, IMO. Let's say for example you're a nurse: you may have to go back to school for additional courses when you get here regardless of your previous work experience.

I think the mindset you should have is that you WANT to immigrate to a foreign land not because it's the current trend. It will make you think of the reasons: financial, better life, the allure of "back to zero", and opportunities. If the reason of moving to Canada because of fad, you will not going to embrace the struggle and you won't find happiness and end up going back to the Philippines.

When you get here, try your best to get a UNIONIZED full-time job. They have a higher wage offer than non-unionized workplace and most of them have health, dental, and pension benefits. Plus, they can't simply fire you or lay you off without cause. It's fine to take various jobs from temporary agencies, but then again, it's should be taken for what it is ... temporary.

Get a car. It's a necessity here. You need it to get groceries, shopping, and to go to work. You don't want to do errands on weekends, if not going to work where busses run every 30-45 minutes if they're on time. So, my advice is to get a car as soon as possible.

If you live in a friend or relative's place, always aim to get the hell out after 6-12 months. No matter how great your relationship with this person and his/her family, at some point they'll realize they no longer wishes you (and your family) to stay. Get an apartment or a rent a house.

If you happen to live in a big city because your relative offered you to stay at their place, but when you decide to get out, consider moving out to a smaller city. Toronto and Vancouver have expensive rent and owning a house is close to being impossible.

If you need more tips/advise, you can PM me.
    quite nice advice FAQ.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast