Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Who has Dream Satellite? Have questions about their service

1. Do they have the same problem as SkyCable Cebu with AXN? For the past few days, the AXN channel on SkyCable Cebu has been blacked out. And a lot of times, the signal of AXN is distorted - like it's breaking up or something.

2. Does Dream do crawling advertisements? For example, AXN shows subbed anime --- subtitles on the bottom of the screen. Sky unfortunately sometimes has crawling advertisements during the shows so it's hard to read the subtitles.

3. Does Dream insert their own commercials? It's okay when they insert commercials during a channel's commercial time but sometimes Sky inserts commercials while the show or movie is still going on.

4. On Animax --- are their shows dubbed or subbed?

5. Maybe Dream's site is wrong. Maybe they do have Discovery Channel... can someone confirm this? Does Dream really not have Discovery?

If you have Dream, please answer. I need to decide by Monday next week. The latest season of CSI Las Vegas will be shown on AXN soon & I want to have a backup cable service in case SkyCable's AXN signal goes bad.

It happened during the season finale of CSI Miami. It can happen on CSI Season 4 premiere episode.

I was thinking of getting this one also, anyone else has experience with this? Is their audio signal Dolby Digital na? Or just stereo? But from what I have heard before, they do not have Discovery Channel

We have a Dream in our office . They do not block AXN or scramble it. No crawling ads. No stupid commercials as SkyCable. Some programs are in stereo but dont know if its Dolby Digital. I'm thinking of getting one for myself for my home after my subscription ends early this month. The reception is very clear. Its a bit expensive but you get what you pay for. For me SkyCable really SUCKS !

So Dream Satellite TV rocks?

More questions:

I know that a satellite dish costs P 4k - P6k, but how about monthly payments? Is it more expensive than that of SuckCable's? Details please.... kay putlanan na mi sa SuckCable...
    ڤيكتور البَرت جَبيلاغين

Thank you. I just finished reading through the PinoyDVD thread.

I was hoping 5.1 DD ang ilang HBO and Cinemax pero wala man ingon and composite video pa ilang connection hmm not good yet for the price..

Just got Dream. Will be posting the good & not so good points about it.

So far, I think it's worth what I paid for it. Certainly much much better than SkyCable's Premium Channels. There is no comparison.

SkyCable Cebu - you have to pay for Star Movies Mandarin. Dream has it in their 750 pesos monthly.

The initial investment, of course, hurts. But it's a lot cheaper than some cellphones coming out.

Their satellite equipment - in my opinion, is well-made. Solid & sturdy.

Their programming line-up. I.E. schedules and such is better than Sky. More up to date by the hour schedules per each channel. And I haven't seen any advertisements.

Now, if they would only have Discovery Channel...

Update - Dream does insert their own commercials - so far I've only seen their commercials inserted into the commerical breaks of Animax. I'll inform if they have crawling ads or if their commercials cuts into a show.

Update - there was a signal disruption last night. It affected some channels. TechTV, Cartoon Network, Disney & others. Animax was not affected though.

The signal disruption is similar to what happens to Sky's broadcast of AXN but it's not as bad & as long. The signal disruption was cleared in a few minutes.

On Dream's own commercials --- they are commercials that advertise Dream Satellite & Dream Golf. They are not commercials paid by other companies. So far, I've only seen these inserted commercials in Animax. They are usually aired at the end of a show.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast