View Poll Results: Covid-19 vs Duterte - Prepared or Not?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Prepared

6 31.58%
  • No. Not prepared

13 68.42%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gibra'al View Post
    mao nay pag gauge nimo sa situasyon if prepared or dli ang pinas?

italy nga parte sa G7 naig-an man gani, it's not far off nga kitang ultimo nga 3rd world country musaka ang death toll. labi na dris sa ato nga kadaghanan way disciplina unya kung kinsay dli mu adhere sa mga patakaran mao pay hilason.
    Ako gi-edit ang poll unya gi-usab ang criteria from 100 to 1000 death toll to reflect current situation. If naay kay better way to gauge preparedness just hit me up. I'm open to ideas.

I believe ang ubang countries including ours ... dili jud prepared Boss.

The closest to the word "prepared" aning Covid-19 situation sa kalibutan karon should be Taiwan and Singapore.
    Ka-read ko somewhere nga mao ni ang gi-atngan sa mga experts.
    (BBC or something,kalimot ko's akong source)
    IF dili daw ma-contain aning duha ka countries ang situation, then the world will find it very hard to contain this.

Anyway, hinaot nga mo-cooperate ang mga tao.

Found this:
    https://infographics.channelnewsasia...id-19/map.html

COVID-19 map around the world.
    Updated siya but not very real-time.

Last edited by jackdi; 03-16-2020 at 04:25 PM. Reason: add "map" link

> gahi ug ulo ang ubang Pinoy
    > Pilipinas not ready for this

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    ^^ Needs more deaths and toilet papers.

What's up with the "toilet papers"?

In fairness sa Pinoy (way labot ang mga gahi ug ulo), naninguha ang ubang PUJ ug Hablhabal ug cooperate sa govt. orders. In fairness, cooperation raman gyud ni gud. Also, watching the livestream of Duterte and seeing how they lead by example ( the social distancing part anyway) is really really a good effort. wtg.

^^ Needs more deaths and toilet papers.

What an utterly stupid comparison. You're comparing 7 months' worth of flu season (peaking at the national baseline for 19 weeks) to 54 days of Covid-19, with the death toll at 5,736 as of March 15. That's almost double what the death toll was only 6 days ago. And the number of cases and death toll is exponential in growth, which means it just keeps on getting faster and faster, and it hasn't even peaked at a baseline yet, which the flu did fairly early. And here's another difference: the flu has a cure and a vaccine; there is none for Covid-19 yet. Do you really think multiple countries are going to destroy their economies if this wasn't a big deal? We need to start taking this seriously, also. Not panic, but not dismiss it either. We can either be South Korea, which has managed to control the disease rather effectively, or Italy, which is currently experiencing an average death rate of 1 death due to Covid-19 every 4 minutes.

Edit: Apparently, Sen. Migz Zubiri just announced he was positive for Covid-19, so it's now hit our politicians. Maybe they will start taking it seriously now, especially since most politicians are old, and thus are more vulnerable to the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_M View Post
    Apparently, Sen. Migz Zubiri just announced he was positive for Covid-19, so it's now hit our politicians. Maybe they will start taking it seriously now, especially since most politicians are old, and thus are more vulnerable to the virus.
    Lmao at those high profile victims of this "hyped" virus. I haven't seen one normal, regular working class person in my instagram/twitter/kik/LINE accounts being infected by Covid19 and went viral yet I see a lot of them flexing their toilet papers, hand sanitizers, alcohol etc which had so many likes every day. Your exponential evaluation remains a conjecture until proven. Come back to me when the holohoax is contained by May. There was MERS-Cov after SARS but nobody batted an eye because "muh social media" did not exist yet.

You mentioned Italy—25,000 patients, almost 400 dead, no picture, no video, not even an obituary to the dead. We had no problem showing war crime evidences by virtue of photographs, so let that sink in.

Then you have Germany and Australia coming up with an inkling of the supposed vaccine and now Trump demanded to release it in NA first. Now tell me all about what's happening in Russia, North Korea and Syria rn.

Also, flue has a cure now? gimme a break old man. Only your immune system can fight that. Ever wonder why this virus is called "The Boomer Remover"? Doesn't that moniker ring a bell to you? The young replaces the old isn't that a natural order in the grand scheme of things?

This is all about 5Ghz maine. It's a race towards claiming patent rights. Whoever gets that will own the upcoming decade for real. The engineered virus is just used as a red herring to the actual war happening behind us all.

PS. South Korea and Japan economies aren't tanking rn, fyi.

Also, flue has a cure now? gimme a break old man.
    This simple statement alone shows that you don't know what the **** you're talking about, and thus invalidates much of what you said. Yes, flu does have a vaccine. Three kinds, in fact: egg-based flu vaccines, cell-based flu vaccines, and recombinant flu vaccines. There are also treatments and antiviral cures, such as oseltamivir (Tamiflu), zanamivir (Relenza), peramivir (Rapivab) or baloxavir (Xofluza). If you can't get such readily available information right, then why should we trust anything else you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_M View Post
    This simple statement alone shows that you don't know what the **** you're talking about, and thus invalidates much of what you said. Yes, flu does have a vaccine. Three kinds, in fact: egg-based flu vaccines, cell-based flu vaccines, and recombinant flu vaccines. There are also treatments and antiviral cures, such as oseltamivir (Tamiflu), zanamivir (Relenza), peramivir (Rapivab) or baloxavir (Xofluza). If you can't get such readily available information right, then why should we trust anything else you say?
    As far as I'm concerned, vaccine is not a cure. Never was, never will. Nice try boomer. Those anitviral meds you talk about are practically enhanced acetaminophen that only reduce the symptoms, not treat the cause.

I never wanted you to trust me, I just wanted to point out that Covid19 is meant for your demographic. At least I know my sources are reliable. People under 35 is pretty much safe unless of course, one is overweight and/or has completely turned into a land whale (see: avatar) ridden with a. kidney disease or b. liver disease or c. both, which are pretty common complications from diabetes II (pic related).

Stay calm old man Juan, else, you'll get aneurysm.

PS. When your info comes from facebook/cnn/rappler, it really makes you think.

PPS. No traffic, few people, acceptable amount of those nasty diesel fumes. Almost feels like reliving the old 90s Cebu.

Default Great tee concept. I'll have this printed to bug the boomers.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast