Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: What programming language are you using and why?

Cool, jakxboi, freelance ka bro?

Java
    - dagko sweldo
    - daghan opportunities
    - Java programmers are more professionals and more respected than script kiddies and programmers who spend overnight figuring how to optimize query in MySQL. Ayaw mo suko ha just my observation.

python
    - nice toy
    - easier
    - clean code
    - serious contenteder sa Java

oracle (i dont know if it belongs to this category. pl/sql is at least a programming language anyway)
    - dagko sweldo
    - daghan opportunities
    - same reasons as Java

Quote Originally Posted by websupportgroup
    If you learn first the java programming language, shifting to other type of programming language is much more easier and you'll have just a less amount of time to study it.
    I dont totally agree bai, Kng java ka nag una, shifting to language like C or ASM, magkaburitching ka, na anad naman ka na nag cge lang ug Library.DoSomething()
    You dont learn how to write your own library functions.

If you know java, there will be no reason for you to shift to C or ASM. There are lots of companies who will pay good for a good java programmer. C and ASM is only limited to OS and hardware manufacturers which are just few in existence therefore, opportunities are limited, though pay maybe good also.
    FYI
    ASM is an unstructured programming language, being good in unstructured programming language doesn't make you a fast learner of C or Java which are not unstructured languages.
    C is a procedural language, so if you learn C, it would be easier to learn other procedural languages, so shifting to java (which is not a procedural language) from C will be a pain on the ass.
    Java is object oriented language , so if you know java, it would be easy to learn other object oriented languages like C# or C++, but shifting from Java to C is likewise a painful task.

Quote Originally Posted by cebugdev
    I dont totally agree bai, Kng java ka nag una, shifting to language like C or ASM, magkaburitching ka, na anad naman ka na nag cge lang ug Library.DoSomething()
    You dont learn how to write your own library functions.
    maka write man ka ug imuha na defined lib functions bai

Quote Originally Posted by bcasabee
    If you know java, there will be no reason for you to shift to C or ASM. There are lots of companies who will pay good for a good java programmer. C and ASM is only limited to OS and hardware manufacturers which are just few in existence therefore, opportunities are limited, though pay maybe good also.
    FYI
    ASM is an unstructured programming language, being good in unstructured programming language doesn't make you a fast learner of C or Java which are not unstructured languages.
    C is a procedural language, so if you learn C, it would be easier to learn other procedural languages, so shifting to java (which is not a procedural language) from C will be a pain on the ass.
    Java is object oriented language , so if you know java, it would be easy to learn other object oriented languages like C# or C++, but shifting from Java to C is likewise a painful task.
    agree kau ko ani...

Its not actually about the language you use,
    but the capability of the language para mo meet sa gusto nimo na output.

just my two cents

Bro taga_ipil, that's the question... Open source sad d' ay ka bro... That's great!

Quote Originally Posted by taga_ipil
    Its not actually about the language you use,
    but the capability of the language para mo meet sa gusto nimo na output.

just my two cents
    bro, you may have a point. but i still think the question posted is very important specially to starting programmers and even to intermediate programmers. because deciding what language to learn and focus on will define one's career in programming.

companies will usually look for C, C++, Java, Delphi, PHP, Python, etc... programmers and not usually by tasks like, testers, web developers, system programmers, etc... even if there are, they would still specify what languages they require.

If you put it that way... KOREK!!! bro maddox

I used to code on PHP...

but very much happy with Ruby :mrgreen:

I am currently hooked on the Rails framework but eying also on Merb which is also very promising.

You may want to get an account on www.heroku.com an online RoR development environment
    and try Ruby on Rails for yourself. No more hard times on installation and deployment, just code in ruby then deploy. :mrgreen:

11.    Advertisement

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast