Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: No TV Day

maka pa-relax gyud nako if mag watch ko ug dvd....any movies....maglisod ko aning NO TV DAY...

Quote Originally Posted by vanceloma2nd
    another idea that will simply remain as another idea here, next!
    its up to you, boy i dont need you, anyway.

this is just my personal holiday and im simply sharing it to the people. holidays do start with one self and naturally spreads. its that easy to understand.

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

eh, If you don't get away from the TV even for one day a week, something is seriously wrong with you. The computer I understand, some people have to work with computers ... I don't know of any TV repairmen.

I personally don't watch anything that isn't recorded and sports anymore.

tel you what? when i was stil in college i was living like a neanderthal, no TV for 1sem.. im satying in Dormitory n MSU back then.. ehehe, anyone here can beat that? hehe

i like the idea of a No TV day or even a week.. how bout that?

March 29, 2008 will be No TV Day

enjoy that day without the tube

Might be successful if you schedule it during the Holy Week...Good Friday March 21. Give people a solid reason to abstain from watching TV. Sacrifice.

I'm not a TV person either so I'm up for a NO TV DAY or DAYS or WEEKS. I'll survive...as long as I have my laptop and a stable Internet connection.

So ummm...just the tube? Can we watch movies or streamed TV shows on our PCs? Ngita jud og lusot noh?

Quote Originally Posted by firefaery
    Might be successful if you schedule it during the Holy Week...Good Friday March 21. Give people a solid reason to abstain from watching TV. Sacrifice.
    putting it in time for the Holy Week is another story

Quote Originally Posted by catch
    putting it in time for the Holy Week is another story
    Right. Point taken.

But dude, you didn't answer my question about streaming videos or watching dvds on your PC.

So March 29 it is?

Quote Originally Posted by jiro81
    tel you what? when i was stil in college i was living like a neanderthal, no TV for 1sem.. im satying in Dormitory n MSU back then.. ehehe, anyone here can beat that? hehe
    sorry dude. i beatcha with this: i didnt have TV or PC or cp in my rented room for about 7 months. just books for entertainment, so at that time i could read about 10 books in one week.

now i dont really crave for TV time and i only watch informative shows if ever.

@Catch i highly agree on replacing TV watching with other active pursuits. while many shows are still very informative, they just require passive participation. we just sit and watch tahts all.

there are many other worthwhile activities, folks. for a start, why dont you join BOOK FELLAS (promote na sad ko ha...this is a book club that meets monthly for discussion. check out the thread in arts and lit. we're into our second book as we started in january. if you keep up with us, you will have read 12 books for 2008, books you would have not otherwise read bec theyre not your 'taste'. explore other genres and expand the mind!)

also, you can volunteer as a children's storyteller, how about that? the public library is eager to have volunteers. you get a chance to influence very young minds. it's social service too coz theyre mostly streetchildren or from poor families.

mao sa na akong ikatampo. as to NO TV, i say YES to that. no tv once a month is nothing...i can live without it for YEARS...no kidding.

its official i finally declare feb29-march2 my No TV days! remind me guys cuz i hav the notoriety of procratinating and i hav ds temporary amnesia i acquire everytime i planned somthing..ehehe

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast