Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This is what happened to my Ipod...

I used to be so proud with my Ipod classic 160gig. But for an unknown reason, it sudddenly didn't work. A red X icon appeared and won't play anymore. I contacted every service center in the country and even approached the top among them personally. Sad to say, they can't get it fixed.

So here's what my Ipod looks like right now:

And the culprit:

I've found out that this is a very common defect among Ipods. And this kind of hard disk seems to be unavailable anywhere in the country. I tried to look anywhere I could. Having my Ipod repaired seems to be like buying a new one.

So there goes a 15K gadget. Flushed down the drain.

The next question is, should I buy another Ipod?

There you go guys. Another something to think about.

That's the reason why I chose IPOD Nano because the storage is made from Flash Memory.
    Prone ra kaayo ang mga Hard Disk sa mga shocks na makacause ug guba sa HD.

If ganahan ghapon ka maka IPOD for music alone, then why not buy a new one but go for the Nano versions.

correct. i was not aware of that one when i bought it. maybe shouldv'e bought a zen insead

how long have u been using ur ipod? im using zune 80gb, which is HD based, for almost a year now and im afraid it might encounter the same problem with urs..tsk tsk!

less than a year. sad to say, it was already out of warranty when i bought it. that's a disadvantage in buying from an unauthorized dealer. nevertheless, authorized service centers should be able to "service" their products.

mrag similar case ni sa ipod sa akng sister wala na fix gpa da gni sa service center nindt lang to owner sa shop kai iya ge ilisdan brnd new

Quote Originally Posted by manick View Post
    mrag similar case ni sa ipod sa akng sister wala na fix gpa da gni sa service center nindt lang to owner sa shop kai iya ge ilisdan brnd new
    Mao jud nay nakanindot bro basta authorized dealer ang gipalitan.
    Kay obliged man ang apple na mo replace ana ug brand new if within warranty pa ang product.
    Only authorized dealer ra ang makahatag nuon ug inana na offer.

well, lessons learned. buy fro authorized dealer. and be sure that they have good after sales services. not just for ipod but for any product

Quote Originally Posted by xyberblue View Post
    Mao jud nay nakanindot bro basta authorized dealer ang gipalitan.
    Kay obliged man ang apple na mo replace ana ug brand new if within warranty pa ang product.
    Only authorized dealer ra ang makahatag nuon ug inana na offer.
    yeah! strongly agree!

usika ani ui 160 gig pa gyud.. sayanga....

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast