Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: catholics here.

Default catholics Brown scapular ?

Id like to know if its true that scapular (that necklace worn by devotees) should be bought for someone and not bought for oneself?

what i mean is to get a scapular ,you have to wait until someone gives you and not you having to buy your own.....

Is this true
    Last edited by puff-adder; 08-03-2009 at 01:06 AM. Reason: to be more specific of the topic

ambot hehhee pwd ra na ikaw mopalit uy

Why are there so many controversies on the CATHOLIC CHURCH? I hope things are scriptural. To believe in Christ is to believe in his commandments which are written in the Bible. Fundamental it may seem but its the only way to be sure you are doing it right.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    I don't think so,puwede ra man tingale ikaw lang mopalit,basta pa-bendisyonan lang sa pare,okay na siguro na.

Blog Entries
    pwede raw ikaw mo palit.

naa ba schedule mag pa blessed sa item or mag pa-bendisyon sa Sto. Nino or other churches?

Quote Originally Posted by puff-adder View Post
    Id like to know if its true that scapular (that necklace worn by devotees) should be bought for someone and not bought for oneself?

what i mean is to get a scapular ,you have to wait until someone gives you and not you having to buy your own.....

Is this true
    i would like to answer this misconception..

It is perfectly okay to buy your own scapular puff-adder. What is crucial is that you have to be enrolled in church by a priest to wear it(they have a certain prayer and you are consecrated to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and the order of Carmel). Once enrolled, you can certainly replace it yourself once it is worn out or if it gets lost. Peace out.. and God bless!

And oh, as a devotee to this sacramental myself, i was meditating on Our Lady's promise to whoever wears them and I qoute: " Those who faithfully wear it will not die condemned.." I got an inspiration that I should continue this devotion because the reason why those who are consecrated to The Brown Scapular do not go to hell is because even while we are still alive, Our Lady protects us and purifies our hearts to do good and be closer to Her Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ... Thus the answer as to why those who wear this scapular are not damned to the eternal fire..

I hope you learn something special too while devoted to it..

To add....

Kinahanglan, ma enroll ka sa Scapular.. I suggest you go to Carmel sa Mabolo or any priest and politely request him to enroll you sa Scapular.

Then, kung kinahanglan na diay ilisan kay daan na or what, no need for re-enrollment. Just buy one and after mass, mo bendisyon man ang pari sa mga holy items, you may include it as well.

my thoughts exactly...

Blog Entries
    hmmm i was not enrolled in any.,.. all i have is faith.

will it make my scapular ineffective?

Brad Doctrine is about:

Teaching = Biblical

Instruction = from organization

I think the scapular is about instruction not teaching. Right?

So is it necessary in your Church? Don't get me wrong I want an opinion to this not fact.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast