Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Made in the image of God!

The God within you

I remember, if my memory serves me correctly, we can find in the bible a verse in plain delivery declaring that we were created in the image of God. Now, others for lack of proper investigation on the verse would quickly assume an interpretation that God looks like a human being since man were created in the image of God. I think that this position is coated with defective logic. God is spirit or should I say Ultimate Divine Reality is not made of flesh and bones, IT (God) can take on a human skin but its essence is spirit (non-flesh and bones).

So what is “made in the image of God” means?

This is my position, and I am anticipating opposition from the Christian camp, that the word “image” refers to that spirit inside of us and it resembles that which is Divine. In other words, we are the spark of the Divine Being whom we call God. We are not the skin and bones as the materialists would like us to think but we are made in the image of God in essence and beauty. It further means that we share the same qualities (unborn and eternal) of the Divine. This amazing realization would then take us to another verse found in the bible which says “know you not that ye are gods”? Now, I’m expecting a stronger opposition from the Christian camp. Imagine an ocean and a cup of liquid taken from that body of water. The ocean-water in the cup has the same quality and composition of the Ocean outside of the cup. In the same sense, our soul is taken from the Supersoul, therefore we share the same essence with the Divine. That’s who we are, a spark of the Divine trapped inside a human flesh.

Recapturing our original state

In the Garden of Eden, man after the fall, said to have been clothed by God with animal skin. Again, for lack of proper investigation, people would quickly take this to mean “an act of salvation and forgiveness” from God. From their perspective, the putting on of animal skin by God is suggesting an idea that there was a sacrifice of animals made for the forgiveness of their sins. Mystics particularly the cabbalists, the keeper of the ancient wisdom of the Hebrew race, suggest a different concept. The putting on of the animal skin was the moment where Adam was clothed with flesh.

The bible talks of being born again in the spirit. Well, it can be expounded differently. But if we are to interpret it under the light of esoteric knowledge, being born again in the spirit means that we are to awakened our spirit/soul nature, a spark of the Divine in us. The flesh created an illusion to the soul. It lulled the divine spark to dream land. This temporary “sleep state of the soul” is creating most of the problems facing mankind today, according to the Masters. To get rid of the problem we must eliminate its cause, illusion.

How to destroy illusion?

this part is where we contribute our own answer. Share your thoughts. No haters please. Your post should be in response to the question. any post other than that will be considered irrelevant.
    Last edited by Malic; 10-21-2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: attempted to insert an image. gikapoy og huwat..sige larga.

Jesus Christ Manifest in the Flesh .... para nako the form of God resembles to a man ....

Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
    Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
    Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
    Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
    Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
    Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
    Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

As what John Vision of Jesus Christ in Revelaton it is very clear that man is the image of God.

God has Head, Body, Eyes, Hair, Mouth, Hand, Feet that resembles a man.
    Last edited by amingb; 10-21-2009 at 08:41 AM.

"Imagine an ocean and a cup of liquid taken from that body of water. The ocean-water in the cup has the same quality and composition of the Ocean outside of the cup."

literal man gud kaayo pagsabot ning ubang tawo.
    kani nga analogy, haum kaayo sa bu-ot ipasabot anang "Image/likeness"

wala ka nag-inusara sa imong pagtu-o.

Quote Originally Posted by amingb View Post
    Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
    Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
    Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
    Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
    Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
    Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
    Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

As what John Vision of Jesus Christ in Revelaton it is very clear that man is the image of God.

God has Head, Body, Eyes, Hair, Mouth, Hand, Feet that resembles a man.
    do you interpret this literally?

is Imagination an act of Illusion?

ngutana lang ko ha.

OT

Quote Originally Posted by NASYO View Post
    do you interpret this literally?

Pag interpret sa Bible is Literal and Figurative ... and claro kaau sa passage that is Literal.

That’s who we are, a spark of the Divine trapped inside a human flesh.
    wow.. this makes me special..

How to destroy illusion?
    this may sound scientific, but can we start defining what really is this illusion.. its scope..
    knowing more of what is the problem could help us solve the problem.. ryt?..

Quote Originally Posted by amingb View Post
    Pag interpret sa Bible is Literal and Figurative ... and claro kaau sa passage that is Literal.
    unsay pasabot nimo figurative sir? imaginative? creative?

wala jud ta kabalo intawn kung unsay gpasabot anang mga passage sa bible.
    coded man gud tingali na.

OT

An image (from Latin imago) is an artifact, for example a two-dimensional picture, that has a similar appearance to some subject—usually a physical object or a person.

Now it is very clear that the image of God resembles to a Man. There is no illusion regarding to this topic.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast