Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default This priest must be joking...

Priest calls for boycott of Petron's oil products.

Remember the time when some group if not the church asked the public to boycott San Miguel products? Then they must have been joking too.

Default Re: This priest must be joking...

another priest that should just stick his nose of what's going on around the catholic church first instead of things like this.

however, i do agree that whoever is responsible for the spills should take the responsibility immediately, shoulder the expenses for the clean up and all damages. they made the mess they clean it up.

Naa na sab ning mga priests. Too bad they interfere in the politics and government activities or other current events. Unya naa anomaliya sa ilang kaubanan sa pari, mo-tabun dayun sa ilang mga sayup or dapigan dayun ilang mga ka-ubanan nga pari. tsk tsk.

This priest was just airing his own opinions. He's not expressing the opinion of the entire catholic church. He has every right as a citizen to call for this. I agree with his concern about the oil cleanup must be done immediately, and the source of the problem be solved. As being said, the boycott wasn't a threat, but to get assurance that the sunken vessel must be resurfaced, as it is like an environmental time bomb - sooner or later rust can eat the remaining chambers filled with oil and this tragedy can happen again. The priest simply wants solution from Petron and not just cleanup of the oil spill.

i am for the clean up of the oil spill but as i have read in the news, Petron cannot be held liable for it. all they can do is help.

anyhow, it is very difficult to boycott gasoline even if there are other players on the market. the priest's statement just sounded funny and a bit desperate.

let us also not forget that petroleum companies has a lot of worthwhile and consistent projects as well as R&D for their products for our environment.

BTW, I am not connected to Petron or any petroleum company whatsoever.

i think that the priest has every right to call for a boycott of petron. even if petron is not legally liable for the oil spill, they are still morally responsible since it is their product that caused great damage to the environment.

Makalagot jud ni nga mga priests. Mga hinayupak!

everybody has the right to say anything...but as a priest...dapat i-filter or ila gyud hunahuna-on pag ayo ang ilang mga comments , ug asa sila dapit mag-apil apil....very unethical sa usa ka pari mag convince other pipol nga i-boycott ang usa ka producto......by the way..can i ask kinsa name ana nga pari?

well, this is an environmental concern, thus it concerns all human beings... it's just that as a priest, whatever he says may be misconstrued as coming from the Catholic organization as a whole...

But its true, we should boycott Petron...

if ever i-boycott nato ang Petron..and the company will file for bankruptcy..ma solve pa kaha ang oil spill sa Guimaras? ..if we call for a boycott..we shud think a longer effect sa atong mga gipang campaign...i don't think the priest thinks very wel wen he campaigns for a boycoot sa Petron....

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast