Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned User

Red face When do you believe in Prayers, before your wish is granted or after it is given?

One way or another, most people know about prayers. Some are answered, some are waiting to be answered and no one knows whether they will ever be answered.

What I am asking is the time frame of belief. Is it before or after the prayers is granted?

You pray because you believe... or you believe because your prayers were granted to you?

Default Re: When do you believe in Prayers, before your wish is granted or after it is given?

When it magically appears in front of me...
    If it doesn't AND I have to ework for it to get it, then prayer is a psychological recourse of your brain to feel some consolation/conditioning that at least if not now, it will be soon....until most people die waiting...

In that case, I'd stick my luck to the philippine lottery....which even looked rigged....

Banned User

Default Re: When do you believe in Prayers, before your wish is granted or after it is given?

Quote Originally Posted by kit_cebu View Post
    When it magically appears in front of me...
    If it doesn't AND I have to ework for it to get it, then prayer is a psychological recourse of your brain to feel some consolation/conditioning that at least if not now, it will be soon....until most people die waiting...

In that case, I'd stick my luck to the philippine lottery....which even looked rigged....
    in that case, that is certainly rigged luck

i pray because i find peace in praying... i still believe in prayers even if things are not going through as what i have expected them to be...

My prayers don't have to include "wishes" in them. It eliminates the feeling of disappointment for every unanswered prayer (which happens 90% of the time).

Time frame of belief: non-existent.

Reason for praying: coping mechanism. I pray not to ask for divine intervention, but to psych myself up so that I can continue to work for that thing/person/achievement that I want. Works wonders.

Usually, my prayers are just conversation with God. If I have intercessions, I don't necessarily expect for it to be given. Same ra gud nga makig storya ka sa sa imong parents, although naa kay gusto pangayuon nila, pero if kabalo ta sa ilang sitwasyon, kita ra ang mosabot if tagaan ba ta nila or dili.

i believe in it even if my prayers are not answered...

Why pray then? if nag duha2x man lang ka... praying just to play it safe?

share lang ni nako story na gamay:

there was a contest na magpakita kung luwason ba jud ka sa imong god na gtuho-an and contestants were to jump sa cliff and call their god to save them from falling:

ang chinese una ni jump then in midair he shouted "Buddha". Then at an instant he was saved by Buddha and landed to the ground unharmed.

next is the muslim... jumps from the cliff shouts "Allah" and he too was saved...
    and others followed all saved by their gods...

then it was the christians turn:
    took him a lot of time to jump sa cliff coz he is in doubt... if God would really saved him from falling
    then he jumps... shouted "God the Father" and feels nothing, since nakita niya naluwas ang uban calling their gods and fearing mamatay cya... he decided to shout "allah", "Buddha" and all other religions gods...
    and still nothing...

to end the story he died (bu-ak bagol2x)...
    Last edited by Mr_NicePrice; 06-18-2011 at 06:30 PM.

i always believe in prayers matupad man or dili

yehey! i love this thread man!

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast