Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Noob question lang...about determining authentic and copycat samsung devices

There are so many copy samsung android devices, pero mag ask unta ko sa mga experts. unsaon na pag determine?

delte lang mga bossing kung dile puede. ty

Blog Entries
    pwd rman mangtna boss. peru dghan nag threads dri about ana.

by copy, unsa exactly imu psbt boss? clone? or "Korean versions"?

aron mahuman pag da nalang ug kaila na suweto anang butanga para iwas scam

Alternate lng ni: ipa.appraise nlng sa mga prendahanan.

I suggest you look up pictures, reviews, everything you can find sa internet. burn the image and specs and everything about the phone into your mind before you buy, that way you can easily spot fakes.

Ana man ko wa pa gani ko kakita jud or kakupot sa uban phones pero I suppose suhito2 nasad ko. hehehe

Do your homework. Research for the specs. Know the phone before you go to the shop and get the first hold of it. Go for authorized distributor or retailer. This will give you the peace of mind not only that the unit you get is genuine but also you are assured that you have the after-sales and warranty support.
    Also, be vigilant of the sweet words of some sales personnel of some shops. Ilahang "sales talk" usahay makabuhi ug patay. If dili ka sweto sa specs sa imo paliton, you have the big chance of getting misled.

Let's give it a shot here. Let's assume you are looking for Samsung Galaxy S5 or Note 3 maybe. You go to the cell shop where I am working and you ask me..."bai, tagpila inyo Samsung Note 3?"

Then I tell you the price and with a smile of course... And you ask how about ang price sa S5. Then I tell you again the price. By now, I am presuming you find it expensive so I have to talk you through. Here we go...

Naa mi bai bag-o nga units. Note 3 for Asia Pacific Region. Nagdungan ra ni sila sa release sa Galaxy S5. Kini laging technology, inig gawas sa bag o, magbarato dayon ang gsundan nga model. Then I show you the unit.

Quad core lang gyapon ni but the good thing about this new model sir is that, mao ni sya ang version sa Note 3 nga dual-sim. Unya, dili na pud maglisod ang users ani kay ang connection is micro USB nga standard na. Dili na tong lapad. Lisod rba to pangitaon nga cable. Dili pareho ani nga daghan ka option. Show you the unit again.

Dia ra iya specs sir o...

Processor: MTK6589, Cortex A7 quad core, 1.2GHz
    GPU: PowerVR SGX 544MP
    RAM: 1GB
    Dimensions: 5.95 x 3.12 x 0.33 inches
    Cameras: 13MP rear with LED flash / 5MP front facing
    Display: 5.7 inch IPS, 1280 x 720
    Storage: 8GB expandable by microSD
    Connectivity: Bluetooth, microUSB v2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
    Networks: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900; HSDPA 850 / 2100
    Battery: 2800mAh Li-ion, removable

And show you the unit again fresh out from the sealed box opened before your very eyes.

Standard 1 year warranty sir. Price is 15,000.00 pesos. Try nyo navigate sir. And I handed you the unit. Of course, if ganahan jud ka sa previous model sa Note 3 or sa Galaxy S5, naa lang gyapon mi stock.

Then you'll gonna ask me of course, ngano barato man ni sya bai? If tan awon nimo sir tong previous nga mga Note 3, ang memory ato is 16GB or 32GB. Mao na ang nagpamahal ato sir. Pero para nako dako na kaayo to for normal use. So they released a model nga reduced ang memory. 8GB ra pero expandable ra gyapon na sya kay naa man micro-SD. Nya ikaw na magbuot unsa capacity sa card imo gamiton. Not yet convinced? Here is my last shot.

If ganahan ka sir, sa Sunday naa mi Easter Sale. Discounted ang mga selected accessories pero dili ang phones. I suggest if ganahan ka ani, unit ra sa imo paliton nya balik lang diri inig ka sunday if you want to buy accessories. Naa mi tempered glass screen protector, etc.

Convinced now?

My apologies for the long OT but this post may serve as a guide to those who plan to buy not only phones but any gadgets out there. The unit presented here is a legitimate product that is identical to Note 3. The price I provided is close to their posted webprice with some reasonable margin to make the story realistic. To ensure that this post wont be tainted with any commercial agenda, I did not mention the actual brand and model of this unit. As a disclaimer, I am NOT selling this phone. This is just for the purpose of the discussion. Before you shell out your hard earned cash, do some research.

Blog Entries
    Nice ka boss. Hehe.

naay daghan paagi nga mahibaw-an kung fake or dili, pero naa man gani dili kaila sa model sa phone to not techie users, I suggest try to plug the phone to a computer and use samsung kies, kung dili siya maka ila sa galaxy device it might be fake, pero custom roms is a exception dili naman mo detect ang kies if custom rom, pero mo detect ang pc sa model sa device.

I would turn off the phone and press the volume-up + power button to get either the Recovery mode or a few chinese characters. If it's recovery mode i would try volume-down + power button to check if it gives the chinese characters that way. If either of them give out the chinese characters I would be pretty confident it's not a fake. But I have yet to encounter a fake that doesn't have it.

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast